Custom Accessory Dwelling Units in Vallejo
Make the most of your backyard space with a custom structure from Backyard Unlimited. Since 2009, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners throughout the Bay Area increase comfort, usable space, and resale value with premium quality ADUs.
What is an ADU?
Learn more about the ADU laws in Vallejo and why you need a trusted contractor to help you with your ADU project.
Benefits of Building an ADU
An accessory dwelling unit is a great way to affordably increase your property’s value since it’s an entirely separate living space. You can fully customize your ADU with the same high-quality materials that you would use in your own home. Everything is built to code and fully-permitted, using building-grade materials designed to last for over 50 years.
We’ve seen our customers find creative uses for their ADUs, including:
- Housing for families
- Elderly parents
- First step for young adults
- Long-term rental property
ADU Builder in Vallejo
Building an ADU in Vallejo can take approximately 9-12 months and usually cost $200,000.
While each ADU is custom built to your needs and specifications, most property owners start with one of our ADU models.
Vallejo ADU Requirements
The city of Vallejo has specific laws and guidelines affecting accessory dwelling units. Here are the highlights:
- ADUs can be built on all zoned residential lots – with a few exceptions. Make sure your contractor checks with the City Planning Division to ensure you can build an ADU on your property.
- Detached ADUs must be under 1,000 square feet in size.
- ADUs must have a maximum height of 16 feet.
- ADUs must be set back 4 feet from the property line, and at least 5 feet from the main dwelling.
- ADUs require a single parking space and a separate entrance.
- ADUs built in Vallejo between January 1, 2020 and January 1, 2025 do not need to be owner occupied.
- Short term rentals are prohibited from ADUs in Vallejo, though you can use the space for a long-term rental.
Featured Project: Payran St in Petaluma, California
This ADU project is a 747 square foot standalone structure in Petaluma, California. This structure is 21′ x 36′ and features 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and full kitchen.
“They did a 20×14 studio for me. They were helpful and accommodating at all stages of the process. The workmanship and quality of the shed was excellent. An excellent value for the price.”
Brad V. (Google Review) (San Francisco, CA)
Build Your ADU & Get a Quote
Interested in adding an Accessory Dwelling Unit to your property? Use our builder to customize your ADU, then we will contact you to set up an initial consultation to discuss your pricing and other options.